Starting a nonprofit organization is a great way to serve your community and make a positive impact. However, creating a nonprofit corporation is not always an easy task, especially if it’s your first time. Here's an ultimate guide to building your nonprofit organization —from building a solid foundation, filing the right forms and getting incorporated to setting your nonprofit up for success.
II. Building a Solid Foundation
- Create a Business Plan
- Develop a List of Board of Directors
- Establish Your Non-Profit ByLaws
- Get Your Conflict of Interest Ready
III. Legalize Your Organization
- Private or Public Organization: Which is better?
- File Articles of Incorporation
- Apply for EIN
- Apply for Federal and State Tax Exemptions